Client Integration Developer / Programmer
The story of Zai
Zai is boldly transforming the future of financial services and powering our customers by making innovative financial services accessible to all.
The Zai brand focuses on mid-market and enterprise-level business customers in the world of integrated financial services, including payments, FX, fraud management, reconciliation and more.
Zai’s payment APIs are a core capability within its suite of embedded finance products and services, helping businesses manage multiple payment workflows and move funds.
Zai has over 150 employees, across APAC, Europe, the Middle-East, and the US. We are looking for skilled, motivated and passionate people who want to be part of the next generation of financial services.
Our Zai Culture values moving quickly, productivity and hard work and we achieve this through a sustainable work-hours environment which we strongly support through our People Leaders. We also focus on having fun across the Teams while we deliver great customer solutions.
To find out more about the 10-year history of Zai visit https://www.hellozai.com/
We are building a new support team, dedicated to creating an amazing customer experience. As the Client Support Engineer with an additional focus on Quality Assurance for new releases, you will be focused on delivering that amazing experience through technical support and analysing and reporting issues for any production releases.
You will enjoy communicating with our customers and helping them to solve technical issues. If you want to help create a customer-centric support team, which prides itself on being the best, then this is the role for you. Key responsibilities include being a key point of contact for our customers and internal teams, understanding their requirements and expectations, creating and contributing to product vision, defining, and delivering a product roadmap, and ultimately ensuring that products are commercially viable, usable, resilient, and scalable.
- Own the customer “in-life” journey
- Lead the resolution of technical issues, providing timely and complete analysis/ triage for the client request and business needs.
- Working with customers on product definition development and process requirements to
- successfully on-board, support and operationalise revenue streams from implemented technologies
- Manage our customers' expectations and experience in a way that puts the customer's needs first
- Take ownership of customer tickets through to resolution - including troubleshooting, internal communication, and providing mentorship on recommended standard methodologies
- Build knowledge base materials dedicated towards operational efficiency while also empowering and enabling the greater support community.
- Work with your Ops, Technology and integration teams to improve the quality and efficiency of our customer support
- Report support status and align with the SLA
Quality Assurance focus:
- Act as a guard to production by ensuring all new releases testing is as per the agreed level and ensuring any bugs or inadequacies are reported in a timely manner, and continuously reporting testing package enhancement requirements.
- Support Product Owners and Technical Leads in defining proper requirements and technical details for integration projects, following company architectures and standards.
- Anticipates and communicates blockers and delays to their work before they require escalation. Ensures expectations within their team are clarified between all parties involved
- Ensure alignment of their services and designs with other parts of the Tech & Product teams and stakeholders as required
- Work with Tech Leads, Principal Engineers and all engineering team members to deliver robust, performant, and scalable solutions
- Testing, debugging, diagnosing and correcting errors and faults in an applications programming language within established testing protocols, guidelines and quality standards to ensure programs and applications perform to specification.
- Ensures adequate logging and monitoring is in place to provide the ability to debug issues and test efficiently
- Understands their team's domain at a high level and can gather sufficient context to work productively within it.
- Presenting on the best practices and guiding principles to embed technology into strategic thinking and product outcomes for customers
- Approaches all release work with a security lens. Actively looks for security vulnerabilities when testing
- Reviews Feature & User Story requirements critically, ensure all requirements are in place and the QA Automation coverage and tasks are appropriately sized for continuous integration and incremental delivery
- Ensures QA Automation and testing tasks prioritization is correct, any dependencies are noted
- Any changes in configuration or codes are to be reported to appropriate stakeholders and documented
New team structure
- Helps to build a new team structure along with the documentation in order to build a scalable organization
- Any queries that are logged outside the CRM systems are recorded via available systems, including but limited to Salesforce
- Shares the knowledge with other team members in order to ensure knowledge transfer
- Any issues are escalated in a timely manner
- Customer Centric way of working
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a Technical Engineering supporting client integration
- Proven analysis, troubleshooting, and problem-solving expertise
- Ability to effectively prioritise and escalate customer issues as the need arises
- Ability to multitask and perform effectively under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable interacting with other departments and management
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively
- Previous experience with Salesforce or any ticketing system
- Extensive experience of API platform
- Extensive experience within AWS
- Working across Globally distributed teams in an agile, cloud based Development environment
In return Zai are offering
Global market exposure in an agile & flat organization where your ideas and contributions will have strong impacts on the company’s growth and success
A company culture with an innovative, inclusive & collaborative mindset where you will learn something new every day, alongside amazing professionals
A fun, flexible and hybrid work environment
Competitive salary packages & benefits while ensuring constant professional development with your line manager & our L&D programs
Our Equal Opportunity Employer Commitment
Zai are equal opportunity employers committed to creating a diverse environment for its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without bias to education, race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.