Business Development Manager
The story of Zai
Zai is boldly transforming the future of financial services and powering our customers by making innovative financial services accessible to all.
The Zai brand focuses on mid-market and enterprise-level business customers in the world of integrated financial services, including payments, FX, fraud management, reconciliation and more.
Zai’s payment APIs are a core capability within its suite of embedded finance products and services, helping businesses manage multiple payment workflows and move funds.
Zai has over 150 employees, across APAC, Europe, the Middle-East, and the US. We are looking for skilled, motivated and passionate people who want to be part of the next generation of financial services.
Our Zai Culture values moving quickly, productivity and hard work and we achieve this through a sustainable work-hours environment which we strongly support through our People Leaders. We also focus on having fun across the Teams while we deliver great customer solutions.
To find out more about the 10-year history of Zai visit https://www.hellozai.com/
As a Business Development Manager, you will be accountable for growing the leads pipeline through proactively developing outbound and strategic referral partnerships. You will also be responsible for achieving results in line with KPI’s and revenue targets, collaborating with marketing on demand generation strategies and tactics, tracking prospecting activities, and driving pipeline growth and sales results.
- Present the Zai products suite to C-Suite stakeholders & be able to articulate our strong value proposition and services benefits to both technical & non-technical audiences
- Generate new business opportunities by means of proactive outbound prospecting and lead activity management in an effort to qualify potential customers or partners
- Utilise solution selling tactics, ask strong discovery questions, uncover pains & problems from customers using a range of sales methodologies
- Build and maintain relationships to influence long-term strategic direction, and act as a trusted advisor to our customers for their payment & FX requirements
- Achieve significant revenue growth as a key outcome of your converted sales opportunities in line with KPI’s
- Work directly with cross-functional teams (sales engineering, product & marketing) to discover & create new opportunities for growth
- Generate strong relationships through events outside of your core hours such as Expo’s, MeetUps, Industry Panels, Industry influencers and key lead channels
- Contribute to ad-hoc team projects that will further shape and refine our sales initiatives & growth in the region & globally
- Overachievement of minimum Key performance Indicators ( Revenue)
- Proactive outbound prospecting through Linkedin, Phone calls, meetings, outbound business canvassing, Google, Forums, Industry conferences or meetups
- Accuracy and up to date lead activity management through sales cycle management in business systems (Outlook, Gdrive, Salesforce CRM etc)
- Engage in cross-sell activities of existing customers with new product suites to obtain a wider share of wallet
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of sales experience with minimum 2+ years of Payments , Fintech or Institutional Bank background (Commercial)
- Experience with Lead Generation and Lead Qualification Best Practices
- Experience in hunting sales opportunities ( Full Time BDM activities)
- Experience in a client-facing role within a rapidly growing organisation
- Salesforce or comparative CRM
- Good Technical understanding of Payments technology (API’s, Reference Documentation, Payment flows and Diagrams)
- Experience in dealing with key influencers, C-Suite level / decision-makers within an enterprise
- Domestic Travel and some interstate travel will be required as part of this role.
- Proficient in giving presentations
- Strong relationship building skills
- Competent in the ability to forecast accurately
In return Zai are offering
Global market exposure in an agile & flat organization where your ideas and contributions will have strong impacts on the company’s growth and success
A company culture with an innovative, inclusive & collaborative mindset where you will learn something new every day, alongside amazing professionals
A fun and flexible work environment
Competitive salary packages & benefits while ensuring constant professional development with your line manager & our L&D programs
Our Equal Opportunity Employer Commitment
Zai are equal opportunity employers committed to creating a diverse environment for its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without bias to education, race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
If you require any specific assistance or a reasonable adjustment due to a disability please let your recruiter know as part of your application and we will be happy to provide dedicated support.